View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

sorry that you are having a hard time. he is in the right place. sounds like he wants to manipulate you by not calling you, try not to let him see you sweat it, he'll probably continue to use this trick if you do. when you feel you NEED to talk to him, try writing a letter to him and re write it until it says exactly what you want it to say. by the time you finish the final copy, you may find that you don't need to send it to him, that you need to write a whole new letter, doing the same thing with it. this helped me so much to keep my fingers away from the phone.

to keep from watching the phone to see if its gonna ring all night, i use to turn the ringer off for awhile, that way, i wouldn't have to know whether or not he called and sometimes, i would just screen my calls, use the answering machine. hope tonite is better for you, it does get easier.

you know, i may have not always been over heels with joy about going into rehab, but once there, i found that it was not so bad and that i would consider staying, even if it was for one day at a time. try not to worry about whether or not he stays there, if he's not ready, he's not ready and there is nothing you can do to make him ready. maybe its time for you to decide just what you are willing to live with, and stick to what you decide. addicts don't usually leave good enablers for long. i'm an addict, i think i know.