View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Selah

Unhappy thank goodness....

I am so glad I found this thread...my boyfriend...the love of my life is addicted to xanax. when i first found out, I did not take it that seriously, concerned yes, but had no idea how addictice & destructive xanax was. some counselors agree its one of the hardest to quit....
I just have been fighting for 7 months giving suggestions, supporting him, taking care of him through detox...and all the sudden he's ready - going to counseling, meeting, taking weekly drugs tests..all for me. I'm happy but at the same time I am scared, am I just digging myself deeper for another relapse. His worst was years ago, dillusions, paranoia relapse into the hospital...I wasn't in his life then. I'm scared, I feel like I have never met a more kind, sweet, non judgemental, loving individual....when he's sober. And barely present when he's not, misses events, commitments, can't remember conversations, or where he went...it's so sad really. I guess I just don't know how one is supposed to just DECIDE and WALK AWAY. How do you do that?
But after reading all the threads of those who are married, kids, jobs, houses lost....I'm terrified. I'm becoming depressed, crying often, distracted from work...I think concentrating on the three C's will hope. And I'll be looking into these Alanon & Naranon meetings...even though I don't know what they are.... but thanks for listening. He went to counseling tonight and a meeting straight after. He was too tired to tell me about it...I'm sure its exhausting but it hurts my feelings. After all I am the one who wipes your sweat & tears, holds you while you're lying on the floor shivering about to vomit from detoxing...and I don't even know how it went.