View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

I have had more problems in the area of expectations.. I expect to be treated by others as well as I treat them. THAT does NOT work.

Now I have a new tack.. I will not allow myself to be badly treated because I am deserving of good treatment. That is different.
This is a great thread...so much insight and honesty and Elana, this quote just jumped at me...thank you.

I'm one of those introvert personality types, which doesn't mean reclusive but truly means that being with people takes more energy OUT of me than it puts back in, at least at the time. Those people who are energized by being out in a crowd, in a group, at a party? Not me.

I used to feel that was odd, that I was some kind of freak. Then a therapist did personality typing on me (that was kinda fun, really) and I learned that, no, there wasn't anything wrong with me, but just that my myers-briggs type only represented 1% of the US population. I wasn't weird...just rare. And my type doesn't really get into the whole socializing-for-the-sake-of-socializing thing.
GL, Learning that my introversion wasn't that I was "shy" (I know I'm not) rather that being around people exhausted me by the end of a day really helped me to understand myself and also to make sure I found quiet time at night and by walking at lunch to keep more emotionally healthy. I learned that with Meyers Briggs training and an assessment and I'm one of those
1% - ers too. No wonder I feel such a connection!