View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
patchoulli

lack of family understanding

I have a really wonderful supportive family. Having said that, I just about hung up on my mom a few minutes ago. She says that I am short tempered, and that I should go on a vacation...HELLO...Keith has been gone 6 days, his kids left monday, and I have watched my 16 month old grandson the last 2 nites, after working all day. I am doing things for me, I started walking with my headset for 45 minutes a day and I am feeling physically well. I am also watching what I eat, I had gained a lot of weight in the last year and I want to get it off in a healthy way. I am annoyed at my mom. At one time she really liked Keith but the last year, she thought he was a lazy bum that let me carry more than my share[I thought the same thing]. I know the end of the tape[believe me], but I knew the man that grabbed onto me like a lifeline and loved me, and we had a good 3 years, really good years, boating, fishing all nite, riding bikes, making our house livable,before this change.I really miss him, I heard a truck in the road last nite around 10 and the first thing I thought was that Keith was home...His mom called today, when I got home from work I returned her call. She says she blames herself for his dying, he laid on her floor[sleeping it off], for over 24 hours and she didn't call anyone because she didn't want anyone to know. Believe me, I blamed her at first also, but she didn't kill her son. It was his time to go...I am not looking for sympathy, please don't offer any. Just wanted a safe place to vent where addicts can be loved, mourned, and missed. Marian