View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Hi Parentrecovers,
I am an addict with just over a year. It takes alot to be honest. Before I decided to get honest and clean a few years back, I was taking drug screens at random. I used every trick in the book to cover up my using. Well about july last summer when I was serious about getting honest and clean they did a UA drug test. It came positive for opiates. I was devasted and no one believed me, rightly so. I paid to have it sent to a lab where it came back as some of the prescription drugs I was taking for my Crohns Disease. Its very detailed and pretty accurate. I hope it comes back true in your daughters case. As far as all drug screens being accurate, I question that possibility. I was in the hospital in August for the entire month for kidney and liver failure. They were giving me doses of Morphine. When I got home I was required by court to take a hair folical test and was again really scared. They said as long as it came back with nothing more than what the hospital was giving me, nothing would be done to me. I took the hair test. It came back absolutely clean. I went to court with the results and told the judge that I was taking the morphine while in the hospital. He said that there is a guideline of legal amounts by law that will still pass. I dont get it to this day how it came back clean. But I was honest any way. Here the test was clean and I was arguing that it shouldnt be! Go figure. The judge got tickled and said I was doing good in my recovery. They awarded me custody back with my kids. So long story short, not all test are accurate. It matters a little what your daughter says but her actions will confirm her deeds. Any addict will know that diet pills, and energy pills, and cold medicines all have the properties that will show on a drug test. I hope in your and your daughters case she is being honest in her recovery.