View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
marle

Addicts have an uncanny way of finding enablers be it friends and family or the local pawn shop, credit card company or pay day loan places. My daughter is my addict and because I have paid off loans for her in the past, she was able to get a bank loan and two different credit cards. (She does not work and has no source of income.) When the credit card company called my home looking for her, I politely told them the circumstances of her life. I believe they shut off that card because she told me she can't use it anymore. My point being is with an addict if there is a will there is a way. They can always find a way to stay one step ahead of you in finding money, some of it legal, others not so legal. There is really not much you can do to stop it except find a way to protect yourself from their mounting debt. I no longer will co-sign a loan for my daughter. I no longer give her money or help her pay her bills. Her debt, her problem. A little different situation for you since it is your husband. Prayers for you to find a solution and that your husband finds recovery. Like Ann says, it is hard to watch the destruction. Hugs, Marle