Old 03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wking2change

Thank you for writing...and particularly for sharing that you still wrestle with some issues related to your husband.
No, my husband hasn't been to the doctor - but then again, if he went I don't know that I'd believe the report about it, not that I'd ask...and I can't imagine that he's ever been straight up with the doctor about using anything. The latter is so scary to me - my husband is being treated for high BP, and has been for the last 2 - 3 years.
Anyhow, if you read a couple of my postings you'll see that we've been to the counselor: twice as a couple, AH goes weekly and I've been once on my own. I have another appointment on Friday, and will likely go every other week from here on out. I've been to 2 alanon meetings (no naranon around here) - have made a commitment to go go once a week and have for the last 2 weeks....this all started a little over a month ago for us. Anyhow, I listen to counselor recommended CDs (i.e. set on enabling and another on control, both as related to addiction and recovery) whenever in the car. I've been on SR a BUNCH since the counselor recommended it +1 weeks ago. I read (i.e. starting the Recovering Pharasee - related to being judgemental) and watch, as a homework assignment, "Intervention." Gotten the impression I'm Type A? That I feel like I've failed him/our family/me and that I better give over to Him and His tools? If so, you've got my number.