Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

recovering addict here, for me, it started out as a choice. younger i tried alcohol, weed and a pill or two, never like what it made me feel like so i didn't get off into getting high, but i did try it and never did it again. but when i decided to try crack, i honestly thought that it would be the same way, i never knew anything about crack other that it was all in the mind, never dawn on me that they meant literally, so i thought that i could try it too and quit. unfortunately it didn't work that way for me, once and i couldn't stop.
i didn't choose be an addict, i honestly didn't know until i was already hooked.

i think that i have an addictive nature, whether inherited or chemically acquired i don't know, but i do believe that it has clinical backing. jmop

sorry that you and your husband is feeling badly. have he been to a doctor yet? i have experence the same feeling as you, my husband is a recovering crack addict and i still have to deal with the anger and resentment issues. i'm doing a lot better now since i came here and began to learn how to help myself feel better in all of this. have you gone to any meetings yet? there is a lot of helpful info at the top of the forum page and there are also alanon and naranon meeeting for family members.

i think that it would be good that you talk to your counselor about your concerns. i pray that things get better for you and your husband soon keeping you and your in my prayers