View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello old friends and new ones too.
I'm glad the thread is still going. Since we lost all the rest of this, I'll update on myself a bit.
My son has been using over 10 years now- I've been in anon recovery since pretty much the beginning and have gradually learned the hard lessons of letting go, detaching, not enabling, taking care of myself better etc.
It was a year ago last month since we last asked our son to leave our home. He had been staying on a day to day basis while recovering from an injured ankle and had been using since at least a year ago October when he graduated from the program at his halfway house. He has been in and out of the halfway house many times and has successfully completed their program twice. He is now in jail (since May) and due to be released sometime next week, when they will send him to a different government run halfway facility.
He sounds good at our visits and on the phone and we are hoping for successful recovery. I'm not sure I can take one more 'run' but am placing my focus on keeping what serenity I do have despite what occurs.
It's so nice to hear from you all.

dakota:
You should have been awarded a medal for staying around through all that!! (you did exactly what _I_ would have done though!) I guess you might be eating more veggies these days! It's traumatic to watch that but you did it and that takes some moxie! (do you say "moxie" down under there?) btw 'furlough' is the same as 'leave' or a pass home.

babs,
Now you have got me all curious...what are you up to? A new job? A new man? lol....tell us!

frankie,
Thanks so much for the wonderful ESH...Happy spring planting!

Ray,
I'm glad her eye is okay. Re the anger: I try to use it for positive things and not allow it to eat away at me. Forgiving when and where necessary or use it to realize a boundary has been broken or needs to be set. You were stressed from all the medical issues and that's more likely why you felt that way. Remember HALT: hungry, angry, lonely, tired... you probably were at least a few of those when you felt so mad!