Thread: Feeling uneasy
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeforever

hi. crashed.... im sorryto hera all the pain youhave.
one thing is very hard very hard to do is to letthe addict do their choices by themself,, theyhave togo to treatment becouse they want it,, as had as itmaybe when u hear oit but i think that if he willgo becouseu wanthim togo,, he willnot sucseed. he needs to want t to go he needs to be theone runing o make appointmentsfor this and he needsto e theone to go from hisown will,.. my husband is also and addict and so many times i wanted to help and make him go to meetings,, and keep asking him if hes goingtogo,, butu know,, now istarttop understand,, i cant control it,, he has towantit. and u know, he does it much better if i stay out ofit...
10 days sober is like anewborn baby,,,, so sensetive to evrything..
sweetheart.. i know its very hard but if hes goingto fall,, its his choice... my husvabd is the same amount of days cleannow.,, like q 10 days,, and its hardforme,, but ill stay outthis time,, his choice,,, ill not bother him about going anywhere its his choice. its hard for us the family to let go of the control ,, but we cant doit anyway,,
so ithink what u can do now is,, concentate onyourself,, dont expect for too much,, becouse if he falls,, youll get sad too much.
do something good for yourself,,a nd pray.go to a alanon meeting..a nd be ther o help when he needs u. but lethim choose byhimself.. iknow itshard but u can do it! hugs toyou!!! and prayers ur way.