View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Originally Posted by dilanafan View Post
Hi meth has touched my entire family. My father is in prison for manufacture has been there since 2005. I have a 4yo son, the only grandchild in the family thus far too. Its so hard. I dont see my dad. He goes up for parole in April and i dont know how to feel about this. He feels abandoned by the family and we have abandoned him. I hate myself for turning my back on him. I am an addict in recovery so i am no better then he is.
Thanks for sharing, dilanafan. You are an addict in recovery, so right nowyou are doing better than your father. You are taking steps to change before something happens that may send you to prison. So, be proud of yourself. From reading around here on this forum, sometimes it takes turning your back on the addict in order for them to "want" to seek recovery.I hope that will be the
case with your father, and that he may see it as such, that if he wants the support of his family, he'll seek a recovery program. Sending ((HUGS)))) your way. Please share with us anytime you need to.