Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mish99

Hello

Hi - my name is Michelle. I found SR a few days ago. I have to say that i thought i was nobody could understand how it felt to have someone you love addicted to drugs. In a way its kinda comforting to know im not alone.
Addiction runs in my family. My grandfather was an alcoholic. My uncle recently killed himself because he realised he couldnt stop drinking. He had been an alcoholic since he was a teenager. All he owned was a shoe box with a few things in it. My brother is 19. Im 16. Hes been an addict since he was 14. He has been in and out of rehab 4 times and every time he just gets worse. He steals, lies, yells and doesnt think he has a problem. Since i was 12, i have listened to screaming matches between my parents and my brother. My brother started off on dope and moved onto acid. Now hes a tik addict. He doesnt just take tik. He sells drugs too. He is extremely paranoid and thinks everyone is out to get him. He owes alot of people money and ive heard many times that me and my family are in danger. Weve had drug dealers come to our door with guns and demand money. My brother is being watched by the police and he could end up in jail very soon. It has come to the point where i fell absoloutly nothing for my brother. I am "numbed" towards him. I hate feeling this way. I wish there was something i could do for him but i know he is going to have to hit rock bottom before i can do anything.

Anyway, its just nice to know that there are people out there who can help even if its by saying something nice.

Last edited by mish99; 03-12-2007 at 03:00 AM.