View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

i had 2 bad check felony charges, i wrote checks out of my own account and i had to suffer the consequences behind doing that. i ended up with 6yrs probation and sentenced to a women's detention center and a big fine, by the grace of god, somehow i didn't have to do the detention time. going through, all of this gave me a strong desire to want to get clean and during this time i did, ended up with 9 yrs clean before the slip.

i believe that if my family had bailed me out, then i would not have stopped writing them. it wasn't that i wanted to do those things, it was the forced of addiction over ruling my natural ability to do the right thing, i remember times that i wanted to stop so bad that i found myself praying to get caught or praying that god would somehow stop me from being able to get the checks cashed. the easier i had it, with cashing the checks, the easier it was to keep doing it.

i know that you are having a hard time with this, i really do understand. the choice is yours. i just don't want to say turn them in but i know that for them to suffer the consequences of their own actions, may bring them closer to getting clean and sober with the desire to stay that way.

in my opinion, i think that jail is a better option than being on the streets doing drugs, especially since she is pregnant. as far as your grandbaby, i think that if you had to, any court would probably award you custody due to the circumstances, so try not allow that fear to decide for you, what you need to do.

you're right she may end up being angry with you, i was so angry with my family for cutting me off and allowing me to deal with the mess i had created on my own, too, but it was my mess. after i finally got sober and my thinking began to clear, i began to understand that they did what they did, out of love. i am clean today and eternally grateful to them for having the courage, faith and strength to let me fall. today our relationship is priceless. just wanted to share my esh. keeping you and your family in my prayers.