View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Babs

Wow, Dakota, you watched? Shoot, I have passed out cold every time my kids even had stitches! I know I could NEVER be in the health care profession......but I sure admire those who can.

Life for me is plugging along very calmly. My XAH sent a couple letters telling me that he couldn't make it through rehab without me, and asking me to be his sponsor and bring him home for furloughs. He is using that old ace-in-the-hole GUILT to try and manipulate me. Not this time. What I read between the lines was that he had already decided he didn't need to try to get better because when he failed he already had his scapegoat picked out--me! Poor guy, still the victim. This time, if he makes it, he makes it on his own. If he fails, he fails on his own.

It took such a long time for me to learn that I was killing him with kindness.........and an even longer time to stop doing it.

But actually, life is good right now. I have worked hard to pay off all the bills he left me with, and I am almost there. My house is clean and calm and (dare I use the word?) SERENE. I have my sights set on some new exciting goals and am finding that my gratitude list grows longer and longer.

I love you guys,
Babs