View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dakotaboyd
dakotaboyd

teki,
No they could not put the piece back on. They actually had to cut a bit more of. The door didnt cut it strait accross like you would expect. It pinched the finger print side of the finger taking the whole print off, leaving the top side with the nail on it intouched. The underneath side of the finger where the print was, was just exposed bone. It looked really bloody saw.
When he got to the hospital they talked about putting the piece back on but said there was a big risk that it would not take and the old man didnt want to take the risk so they cut it of at the first joint. It is a very small hospital that he went to and they are very understaffed so I got to watch them cut it off and helped the Doc by passing a few things to him. Pretty shoddy hey considering we were working on the boat before hand and I was still covered in paint. I thought it would be this big operation, but within fifteen minutes the fingers on the bench and we are on our way out the door heading back to the island. Ive never seen a finger being chopped off, It was a very unnerving experience that left me feeling a bit odd. When we got back to his house the pain started to hit him, and by midnight we were in a water ambulance and on our way back to the hospital to get him some better pain releif. We ended up staying on the mainland and went back to my house. We didnt get in until 5am so I have been really tired today and cant wait to get to sleep.
Nice trip out on the boat turned into a bloody little nightmare.