View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dakotaboyd
dakotaboyd

Hey sunshine, thanks for kicking things off. I have missed you guys but had no idea how to start a new thread, so I patiently waited for one of you guys to get the ball rolling.
Ive just come back from the hospital with my father. We were working on his boat and decided we had had enough, so we pulled up the anchor and decided to go for a quick lap around the Island that he lives on. It takes about 2hours. When we were about half way around we got a little choppy weather come in and we had to take it side on, which is not what you aim to do, but we had no choice. Well when one of the waves hit us, the door loosened and slammed shut on his little finger and cut the top clean off to the first nuckle. We wrapped it up and I made him drive the boat, to try and take his attention of it while I cleaned up the mess and found the missing piece of finger and put it in the freezer. It was so gross! Didn't like it at all. I think I felt a bit of shock over it. It took us an hour to get back to the Island and then another hour to get to the mainland and to the hospital. They cut the bone off clean at the joint and sowed him back up and we were out within the hour. We got hame at ten thirty and are both feeling very tierd. He just went to bed and I am not far behind. So that is my excitment for the day. Sows how such a little thing can be so dangerous. I am just so glad that things were not worse, they certainly could have been.
Dakotaboyd