Thread: Keith is gone
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
patchoulli

Keith is gone

Keith died yesterday morning around 7am. He lived 2 days after being taken off the vent. I cried for a few minutes and took his girls and their mom to the hospital to say good bye. I didn't go in. I did not feel the need. I am fine with his passing, looking back over the last few months, I realize he was deep in addiction although at the time, I truly did not know until 6 weeks ago when I saw him with the crackhead on the back of his motorcycle at midnite. I am so fortunate, my sister flew in from Jersey, My daughter stayed home from work, picked me up [I lent my car to Keiths kids}I did work a few hours in the morning, it helped. His ex and the girls leave monday. I am having a problem with the deceit that I didn't see coming. First of all, the issue of the hepititis C that I wasn't aware of, then I opened my home depot credit card bill and found a $50 dollar gift card purchase for last month[not mine], and got a call from a collection agency , We had a joint checking for a short amt of time when we bought this house together. I thought I had destroyed the checks when we closed that account over a year ago. Well apparently, Keith kept a book of checks and there are 12 missing. Two of these checks have already been sent to credit collections, one has been forwarded to the state attorney...He signed them, but the original account was in both our names and I am responsible. I called the bank and the attorney that wrote up our agreements with the house. I feel like I have been physically assaulted from the grave..The lies, deceit, and filth he has brought into my life are appalling. I did not see this coming. One minute I grieve and the next I am so angry at him for his lies. Why does it seem that these addicts are so warm and caring, we love them sooo much, they have a vulnerability in them that makes us melt, and the next minute, they are stealing from us???This man did not even allow me to grieve him, I am now looking at defending myself from bounced checks, and possible hep C...Its funny, I don't hate him, I pity him and wish him peace..Marian