View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
booklover

I have attended Alanon meetings but infrequently really. I haven't found a meeting that I like at all. I actually find much better support and feel better after visiting these forums than I ever have at a "live person" meeting. But I know I need to give it another try also.

I have never been the kind of girl that was jealous or afraid their man was going to cheat. It has all unfolded as I became privy to info in the last few months. Learning that my husband had an addiction problem and had been hiding it and lying to me for SO SO long...finding out that specific times when something was askew, it was because he was using...and then the finding of the text messages with that girl.

The interesting point is that since he is a musician on the road a lot, all of my friends and family have always asked me if I was concerned he would cheat and I used to say no and wasn't worried. Boy, who was that girl?

Thanks for your advice and help. I didn't know that others worry about their significant other leaving for another addict. I thought it was just me!