View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
tropikgal2

I am appreciative of all the responses here. Although my RAH is doing very well, when we were out walking last night he told me that the "devil and angel" are still in him fighting every day. That the devil tells him that it would be Ok to just take a pill or just do a little bit, but the angel says don't do it, that it would lead back to addiction. Because I was unaware of his problem until he confessed and went to rehab, (he had been clean for many, many years before his relapse) I have no experience at this thing. I stuck with him this time, but I told him I can't do this over and over again. I'm too old and I have too much at stake. I feel like even if he takes one pill, I should leave because I knwo where it will probably lead. I dont' think that kicking him out would work because the house is in both our names (we are owners not renters). What is my legal recourse here? I don't want to be a fatalist, but I am a pragmatist and need to know if I should engage a lawyer to protect myself "just in case". (we own a fair amount of commercial and personal property). I mean, I really love him, (we've been married 17 years) but I love myself more. Am I being rigid and inflexible? I am trying to practice detachment and compassion, but I feel that his possible choice to use drugs again could affect me legally, (of course not to mention emotionally). We keep our business finances seperate so that is not a problem.
Help help. I keep going over this in my mind and it is driving me crazy.