View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Live2Ride

Welcome! We have all come here not knowing where to turn and feeling pretty desperate and tired. Please keep posting and reading and you will come to understand that there is never a right or wrong thing to do. What I can tell you is that I am married to a dual addict crack and opiates. He too hid the pills from me for a while. For myself I have to look at my situation and know that unless I force my husband out of my life until clean that I may acutally be preventing him from hitting bottom once and seeking recovery as opposed to allowing him a safe place to come after every binge and possibly the addiction goes on to kill him. We have been apart for over three months and there are times I want to end it all and let him come back home but I truly feel in my heart that I would be helping him to kill himself.

As you hang around and watch the post, you will see that people who post here find out someone has lost the battle to addiction through death. These are people that have replied to some of our own threads. It hits me in the gut and I am getting tired of losing people to this disease!

Follow your heart and remember there is no right or wrong just the responsibility to educate ourselves and do the best we can in our situations.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for there is so much knowledge at this site.