Thread: venting
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
marle

Delldell, I know how expectations can keep you angry. My daughter's boyfriend is 17 years older than she is. He has been an addict for 23 years. His DOC now is crack. He buys all of my daughter's drugs and basically keeps her isolated from the world. I hate that she is in the situation she is. They live in a motel and do not pay bills, rent, etc. He leaves her there with no phone, food , money or transportation. For a long time, I wanted her to leave him, to see that there was a better way. It made me angry and resentful. I prayed on this a lot. I finally realized that she will not leave until she is ready. I did not talk to her for almost three months. During that time I saw a therapist and worked on my issues. It is not easy, but I finally reached a point where I am ready to let her do things in her way in her time and just try to love her. You never know what will happen tomorrow. Today I choose to pray for her to seek recovery, but to love her anyway. It took time. There are no easy answers. Hugs, Marle