View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nevergivingup
President

What would you do?????

Hey ya'll!!!! Haven't been around in awhile. Been very depressed and just barely dealing with many of the things in my life. Today though, I need a little advice. Xabf and I have been battling... again... over the child support and some other issues. Today, I got an email from his mom. As many of you may remember, we've been feuding for some time now. Anyhow, this is the email she sent me..............

"I wanted to thank you for being so good about keeping your end of the deal for monthly payments of the money I lent to you for your apartment. The purpose of the loan was to help you get on your feet and have a new beginning for you and J in a home you can call your own. I believe you have accomplished that and I hope things are easier for you as well.
For lent this year I would like to forgive your debt to me. You no longer need to send anymore payments. You are considered paid in full from this day on.
We enjoy every minute we get to spend with J; he is a wonderful little boy and seems to be doing nicely with all the changes that have taken place for him.
Have a Happy Easter"

Seems a like Godfather-ish to me. But just in general, with everything she's done in the past, I just don't exactly feel comfortable with this, and I just don't trust her. It's really only a small amount of money, I could have paid it off in full in the past, but continued to make monthly payments instead.

Sooooooo........ I had a couple of thoughts............
1) Write her back and say that I don't really feel comfortable allowing her to do that, and want to continue to make payments to her.
2) Take the money that I would have given to her and give it to charity.
3) Take the money and put it in J's account.
4) Write her back and tell her that I'd prefer that the money owed be deducted from the money that xabf owes for child support.

I need help on this one! Just not sure what's the right thing to do in this situation!

Corine