View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Well...
I've thought it over quite a bit and the truth is "I" want to make the call.

He's come a long way, much of it on his own. This one feels like a "Mom" thing, not a codie thing.
I thought real hard and asked myself the questions I tend to ask when I'm not sure:
Do I expect different results if I make the call? No, I know he created this situation, and what needs to happen will happen.

Will I be disappointed if I don't like what I hear? Maybe, for him, but not because I expected my call to make a difference. In fact the opposite is true in that its ALL I can do, and then I can step back.

Should he be doing this himself? Well, thats a yes, and I stumbled there for a while. I talked to him tonight and he's very clear that I am only looking to obtain information, not results, so that he is prepared for what lies ahead.
What he does with the information is up to him.

He has had no contact with his PO, they are overwhelmed and rarely return phone calls. His PO told him at the beginning that if he stays out of trouble, they will never meet again.
I know this guy will talk to me if I give my name...he will remember me.

I think as a mom I am willing to make contact and help him prepare for what lies ahead. Prepare only. And yes, I want to know more. I'm not entirely there yet with the whole whatever was meant to happen will happen, if a simple gesture on my part can help.
Maybe I was "meant" to make a call on his behalf.

I know it breaks the rules so to speak, and do not think I wasn't listening to those who thought it might be better to let him handle it...I was, and still am.

But sometimes we need to learn also, by our own trail and error.

This just feels right at the moment

Thanks (seems our thank you is broke) to all
((((hugs))))
Cece