View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

Let me try to explain where the parents and family members are coming from. Well at least, let me speak for me, I am new to addiction....I discovered in May that my 29 year old daughter is a junkie. She was a nurse, was a mother, had a car, an apt etc., etc. She is homeless now, carrying her bags on the street, hookin for money, and I am raising her son. Is she concerned about her son.....kinda....but the drugs come first!!

So I would say, after travelling to the depths of despair and watching the devastation that addiction brings....I could not imagine why anyone would choose to stay in that lifestyle. Because it is a choice as I see it. I am divorced from my 1st husband.....it's been 20 years of no contact.....so I have no clue what he's up to, nor do I care. If I could divorce my daughter....But you see that is no option. And I guess, I look at people staying with their addicts.....as addicts as well. And please don't take offense at what I'm saying...it's just.....I look at my daughter...and say...but don't you see??!!! Just do anything to get outta this spiral down into he11. And when ....normies....are staying....I'm thinkin.....WHY would someone stay, and be dragged into such chaos and confusion, hurt, despair....because their love is a one way street as far as I can tell. An addict can love no one but their drugs!!! And honestly, if your best friend was dating someone and discovered they were an addict ...could you? would you? tell them the life was worth it?? That love transcends everything??

Anyway, I hope I haven't offended anyone....I am an addict with my daughter....
NSW