View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hopeforever

4raidyance_wild
.. i dont know alot about you ,, im pretty new here too.
but im happy your bring this quetion up.
my husband is my addict, i love him so so muich and he loves me too we have kids together. .. the only big thing that makes us sad ,, i mean from thebig things ishis addiction,, its not easy ,, very hard for all of usincluding him.i dont belive in divorce,,, ,, i do belive thre is destiny should keep us together. i will nevr leave my husbnad completly,, even thoug we did hit rock bottom. any times. but what i do try o do, is to detach my self from being emotionaly depended on how he is,, its very hard becouse when you love someone and you see all the pain they are having and also causing you.. and my way of dteachment is knowing i cant controll, its not my faoult and go on when the day is dark.., im working on in im not there .
but my husband has been in reahb,, which was like 2,5 months,, in reha shorter times,, even with familyfor some time,, till he gets better. right now he went to rehab again a,, after being home for only few weeks after the last time in rehab.
some times in relationships if there is any kind of abuse,, like hitting and beatings than its really important to detach physicaly,,not just emotionaly.

for me now is the emotional part
and to survive this pain and emotional roller coaster i have to detach ,, meaning the 3 things ,, not to think i can control it,, not feeling guilty,, and keeping my life going for me and the kids. were married,, we will never divorce but we do detach in some kind of way to survive. till hes better, when he is rehab. so detachment doenst mean leaving your spouses,, divorcing them ot stuff like this.. it can be inside but at some point its very hard like now,,a nd hes back to rehab.
. im sending you good vibes,, and sending you prayers and coe back here,, you will get lots of suport here.