View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sunflower

((((HUGS))))) I lost my companion dog yoko at 5 years old--2 days before her 5 th birthday--a freaky spinal disease--she was paralysed..It came on suddenly with in 24 hours.I got her right before I became disabled---when everyone else walked away cause times were hard for me-she was always there-we did everything together-they had to practically carry me out of the vets office.I brought her home and buried her in my grotto garden she loved so much.Dogs give you unconditional love--you can't get that anywhere esle-except maybe God.I cried and cried and cried and was the worst depressed I have ever been in my life. I understand--it has been almost a year and I still cry about it on occasion. @ days after she passed my mom bought me a new dog on what would have been Yokos B-day.. I really didn't want another one.But I have to admit it kept me busy and gave me a reason to get out of bed..I will be praying for you---no one understands what this feels like except a dog person....My new pup a Cairn Terrier-Lotte is finally becoming close with me---but there is always the memory of that''special one'' it is unreplacible--time will heal you--take care of yourself--be happy for all the joy that soul gave you while it was here.........