View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
eveningstar

thank you so much for the warm welcome. i really didn't expect anything less from the wonderful people here.

i'm sort of short on words right now. in a year, it's gotten much better. but i don't deny that there is still a strong urge behind her drinking. i can only hope that my example of not drinking anymore will get through her head. if that won't, maybe my detatchment will. she's a very smart woman. but not smart enough to say goodbye to the one thing that really controls her. even if it's just a few beers a few days a week.

i can see the disease. me and my friends don't feel the need to drink. we choose to. and we choose to stop when we've had too much.

the detatchment will be so very hard. her drinking not affect me? i just don't see how. but i'll keep reading. and keep talking.

i have an older friend who is about 4 years sober and also in couseling for codependence with friends and family. maybe i'll give her a call.

oh, i talk all tough-like, sitting here with tears in my eyes. it hasn't gotten bad. i'm so afraid that it will.

thanks for being here,
alison