Thread: Sponsors in AA?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
wandergrrl777

Theology is always debatable. There is always a way to do it respectfully. People invest a lot into their beliefs and it may become heated. It's a discussion worth having. Over and over if need be... It's thought provoking and valid IMO.

I'm starting to feel like the AA point of view receives preferential treatment at times. Personally, I've felt a lot of condescension from aa's when people want to discuss the program in unflattering light. I wish that weren't true, but it is. I don't like seeing people getting shut down, just for being real and sharing what they think or what they've experienced. (negative or positive)

Aren't we more evolved than that? Why must it be assumed that discussing these things will turn into a mud-slinging free for all?? I wonder why people that believe so devoutly in a higher power would concern themselves with the secular portion of this site??? I thought there was a place for us here.

I hope none of the secular 'regulars' go wandering into the christians in recovery, or spirituality section to criticize what they're talking about over there.. I know I don't!

I just wanted to get that off my chest. sorry...