Thread: Sponsors in AA?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Abbadun

Hi HT

I did not say that I believe all advertisements are true, but when I find one that is not true I know that the issuer is dishonest.

Yes it is a free country outside of AA and Sober Recovery. I have neither the time or the means at this time to start a new organization and this fact does not release AA for keeping its "promises".

When have I called for AA to change? I do believe if people started talking about AA in a honest way including both the negative and the positive that the program would be of more use to everyone.

Even a active alcoholic (who is in denial about him/herself) at AA's doorstep can recognize the blatant lapses of logic, common decency, respect for others in AA's ancient teachings.

I hope this is not considered bashing, it is merely a answer to a question

AB

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Logically different, AB;
Just because an apple is a fruit,
it doesn't make all fruit apples.

I said this:

I stand by my statement.

Find someone who doesn't use a HP and you're all set.
And if you believe all advertisements are true, you're in for a very frustrating life.
I'm not going to spend any more time argueing. As I said, it's a free country. If you don't like what's there, start your own organization. A program that has been around for 70+ years is not going to change for you. That's just called LIFE.
And I still do wish you well.

Shalom!