View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
paulmh

It seems to me that struggling with faith and trying to beat addiction combined makes it a bigger problem than it needs to be.
how true is that.

Welcome mjs! I feel in the mood to throw out a couple of Chinese proverbs today - first is

There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is just the same

Secondly, that old cliche from Lai Tzu - the longest journey begins with a single step.

Finally,

Sometimes it is bette to travel hopefully than to arrive

Lots of us admire the mountain from the bottom. We may even think that, attractive as the mountain is, it's beyond us to actually climb it. So we'll sit here and admire it. Or we'll walk around the bottom. But it sounds like, with thirty days under your belt, maybe you've made the first step to actually climb it! Believe me, it's worth it, just to be climbing the mountain! From the bottom, the top looks like the purpose of climbing. When we're actually climbing, we realise it was this that we needed. The process of leaving the bottom behind.

The only way to climb a mountain is to climb a mountain.

As for Richard Dawkins, well, this atheist thinks that RD is so far up himself he hasn't seen daylight in decades. But if it weren't for the dangerously loopy creationists he wouldn't have to write such polemic rebuttals, would he?

Message to creationists - no matter how plausible and even rational intelligent design might seem to be, it does not and can not lead one to the conclusion that Jesus was the son of G*d!

Have a good one mjs! Clean and sober, just for today!