View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Adore
Adore

I swear, I know exactly what you mean utopia. I feel that rage too! It happens soo very often to me..

I was raised by an alcoholic father who has real loud voice. As a child, it was disturbing to me. It's because I could sense the anger underneath his voice. And of course, this unexplained anger was scary to experience as a child.

So yeah, definitely feels like these are child needs for gentleness that are coming out and getting angry at these loud strangers or people is a way of releasing those feelings perhaps?

Truth is, I think peolpe who are loud are actually releasing their own emotions too. A loud voice to me, is an indication of an underlying emotion or conflict, perhaps unresolved anger in their personality. Speaking loud can be a way people cope with these feelings (like perpetual fear and turmoil inside) and they are speaking loudly and releasing these emotions. Probably, it is healing...

I could be a very loud aggressive person and it might be immensely helpful to releasing some of my un-ease.

Unfortunately, I am also embarassed by it. I guess this is a way of care-taking.

Also, while I understand why people become loud speakers, I don't necessarily value being this way.

Perhaps it is a good coping mechanism UNTIL one reaches a place of serenity?

Perhaps it would be fun to practice being loud ourselves for a day in conversations. experiment with it. see how it can be empowering!

trade in my meek squeeky voice...for a booming tone and see if my insides start feeling any different... :-)