Hidden treasures of Addiction

Old 09-02-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hidden treasures of Addiction

Before recovery we walk around with an open wound.
Recovery begins with an open wound
That with recovery heals but leaves a scar so as to never forget as we move on and find peace within us and our souls to become truly free.
When the darkness of this disease when our loved one is in the grips of addictions we try to find the treasure in the dark. The answer to why did this happen, how did this happen to me, I shoulda coulda did more or less, how can I get my addict clean again. These are the answers we search for. But what we realize after coming here and as we begin to close the wound and heal is the treasure we were searching so desperately for is really our OWN recovery.
So what do we do and learn.
What we do in the darkness is we wait, we stop enabling, we hope, we hope that our higher power will protect and guide them and us in the process, we love, we detach with love not hate, and we never give up on them or ourselves and we listen in the silence, we pray and meditate for guidance and peace.
What really grows in the dark is our hope. Hope begins in the dark dawn eventually comes. We immerse in the dark stronger then ever before. We learn to move in the dark in hope that the dawn will come
We find the real treasures of the darkness.
Recovery begins with an open wound.
We might not know what happens in the dark but there r treasures. Beauty love and hope can be found in the dark. The treasures we find are not the answers we were wanting to hear but what we needed to grown ourselves and let our addicts find their own journey and their own recovery.
The best treasure I have found from Naranon is to trust in the darkest of times. We learn to trust in a higher power. We learn its ok to make mistakes if we acknowledge them and start over tomorrow.
When we have no clarity in the dark. When all our efforts of doing what we can to stop our addicts from using have failed we finally surrender and begin to trust in hp
The Treasure of beauty of someone's growth and appreciation for the smallest things in life like just the ability to get up in a bed everyday and take a breathe. We find the beauty in the brokenness and become unbroken from darkness as we move into the light. The sun must eventually rise.
We find these answers, the treasure we search so hard for In helping of our Naranon blue book and the 12 steps is where we find how to walk in the dark and begin to heal from the inside out. Fear no longer consume us. It comes in for a bit but we use our tools, talking to someone, and step 11 prayer and meditation the finding of a higher power fear to faith. A meditation I often use is I release my fears I surrender. A great meditation I heard that has helped me.
In helping it says
Fear to faith
Self pity blocks effective action
When we judge we judge on what we believe we know of them failing there is much we do not know. Yourself you can change others you can only love.
Contempt for what they do to the potential within them. We learn compassion. We learn that which we intend to fire at others can be lethal to us. Point the finger 2 more pointing back at you.
We learn from being fast to anger and speak to be fast to listen slow to anger and slow to speak, our slogans stop don't react how important is it. Think. All these gifts are found in the rooms.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great share. Thank you