Long Term Program?

Old 11-30-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long Term Program?

Hi. I am trying to find a place for my son that is long term. He is a 25 year old alcoholic and has been to 6 rehabs in the past 8 years. He checks himself in but then it seems like after 30 days, insurance dictates that he is ok and then he relapses shortly after. He did make it 4months before relapsing last time. We really think he needs a 1 year program or at least 6 months that will transition him into working and staying sober in real life situation. I've heard of a place called Teen Challenge but many have said it is too strict, no cigarettes, tv, etc. He has struggled with alcoholism since 16. It's to the point that no one will let him live with them, he loses every job, girlfriend, etc. He has been arrested 9 times for drinking related incidents including 2 DUIs. He is on the verge of being homeless because his 30 days is ending soon and we will not let him come home. We have a younger daughter who has been affected way too much by his drinking and we have exhausted all our financial resources trying to help him. It is so sad....If anyone has any information about a good, affordable longer term program, please let me know. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Salvation Army offers an excellent long term (six months to a year) (no charge) Program.

God centered and very strict.

I have known many who sobered up there and have stayed sober for years now.

MM
Old 11-30-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, the Salvation Army provides a wonderful long term program and costs nothing.

My prayers go out for your son, and for you too. My son is an addict and I know the pain of watching our children self-destruct.

Hugs
Old 12-23-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Where do u live? There's a great program thru Santa Clara County if he lives in CA. MediCal insurance (free) is good to have my son has been there 9 months.