Crises

Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Crises

Crises
How Important Is It?
~By BuddyT

For some reason that I don't understand, I have never had a problem when those major crises happened. I was at my best when the chips were down. I was the one that everyone could count on to help anytime it hit the fan.

I was in my element. The Great Rescuer. The Hero! Got a problem, just call Buddy; he will know what to do. Part of my illness was my behavior following the crisis. When I would go into my "martyr" role. Going around to everyone with my "poor me" story. And trying to make everyone feel guilty for putting ME thru the crisis! Even though I volunteered to help in the first place.

But during the crisis itself, I was a rock. My problem was it was the little things that I couldn't handle. I would go ballistic over the little minor things. I would make myself and everyone else miserable over some little circumstance, blowing things way out of proportion.

Thank God for Al-Anon that taught me to remind myself to ask the question, "How Important Is It?" To remind myself to Let Go and Let God. And most importantly to Mind My Own Business, which for me means to change the things I can, if they need changing, and for those I cannot change -- mainly the behavior of someone else -- decide whether or not to accept them or not to accept them in my life.

Today I have choices I never knew I had before Al-Anon.