Control

Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Control

Control
God Has No Step Children
~By BuddyT

It is always very difficult for me to share on the topic of control, not having any personal experience with the issue myself! I mean after all, if they would just do it My Way!

I went about my business of minding everybody else's business and I did it so well too -- just ask me! No control issues here!

Well, somebody in Al-Anon gently guided me to the wisdom that everybody had the right to live their own lives and that it was none of my business. God has no step children. He has a plan for everybody's life. My only job is to stay out of God's way. To let go, and LET GOD! Wow, what a concept!

Sometimes when I do turn it over, the situation actually gets worse, because that's God's plan for their lives. They may need the pain in order to learn and to realize the problem. They may have to get worse in order to reach out for help.

So, now when I turn a situation over and it gets worse, I don't have to rush in and try to "save" the day. I can sit back and say, "Go, God... do your thing!" Because I know he's got a better plan, and His plan is better for them than anything I ever came up with and He can put that plan in to work very nicely without my help or interference!