Thread: Sponsors in AA?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Abbadun

Hi

I like speaker meetings and I like speakers that are not too polished in the lingo. I do not want to hear mere parroting of the the information in the books, but for real interpretations.

Of course you end up listening to lots of people who are simply not good public speakers, but even they have real individual suggestions to offer not just the standard "recipes" from the texts.

AB

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Hi AB

The meetings of AA can be of some use to me as a secular person. True, there can be intolerance to beliefs that challenge their AA “truths”. I have been rebuffed in meetings when I offer “suggestions” that run counter to AA BB “suggestions”. Strange how “suggestions” appear to work only one way. Their way.

Having ones beliefs acknowledged as valid with out prejudice can open up useful dialog. Nothing like the free exchange of ideas to invigorate the mind and there is nothing more harmful than censorship and suppression to close the mind. The twisted use of “keep an open mind” by some is an insult to true free expression.

Z.