Thread: Sponsors in AA?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Abbadun

Hi Zencat

I always say that the fellowship helps keeps me sober. I think of the clients at the rehab as the Forrest Gumps of Sobriety. They teach sobriety even though most of them will not find sobriety, I see proof of that daily when I read the local Police Blotter in the Newspaper.

AB

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
AB ~ I had a sponsor many years ago when I first wanted to get clean. I had to interview a few people before I found one that could do the job. Some of the prospective sponsors had some strange ideas about how to achieve and maintain sobriety. But one fellow made some sense to me, he said the only requirement for sobriety was: put the plug in the jug. The rest will come naturally. Go to meetings and join in the fellowship and you will do just fine. He was right. But you have to watch out, some people who sponsor others, have very dangerous ideas about how to get and stay clean.

Astro ~ all I needed was: “come to believe” in my own innate ability to get and stay clean. A much simpler process than a lot of the other systems used today

keep an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out.

Z