View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Abbadun

Hi Grasshopper

If you removed every suggestion in AA who's source was not about Alcoholism we would be left with a very slim program

There is already a lot of teachings in AA from Religions and Philosophers and Psychologists (Jung, Williams & others). But that is not my point, the suggestions in AA have to make sense before one should accept them, when you are a newcomer go with the flow, but at some point you have to decide if a suggestion makes sense.

AB

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Hi,i don't,believe that Buddha is alcoholic.If one brings his teachings,into AA,rooms,why not a host of other,teachings too,like Dr.Phil.Dale Carnigee,Dr.Dyer,,all grand teachings that have nothing at all to with with AA,and its teachings.Of course if one does this,AA and its teachings that have saved many an alcoholics life will lose its focus.From my own experience,i had a sponsor that was teaching me,her beliefs,and this caused me more confusion,and harm,although they worked out for her.I didnt walk,i ran to my BB,and started reading/applying whats in there,and got with the folks who are following what AA teaches,.If one brings about all the others teachings,it will turn out,like the ole saying too many cooks in the kitchen,ya know what happens.Although his teachings in your eyes,relates to the AA teachings,the truth is is that they are not AA recovery programs teachings.,coming from another alocholic.Can we follow whats HAS,saved many an alcoholics life?And not get into out-side issues,no matter how good they sound,or seem to be similar.Im open-minded but when in recovery rooms,im a sticker to what AA teaches.Out-side of the rooms,tell me what ya will.i will decide for myself...lol