View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

"It does not say that AA and HP are the only way. That's what I was responding too. And many, even atheists and certainly agnostics, could agree to that statement today." HT

"I will center my thoughts on a Higher Power. I will surrender all to his power within me. I will become a soldier for this power, feeling the might of the spiritual army as it exists in my life today. I will allow a wave of spiritual union to connect me through my gratitude, obedience, and discipline to this Higher Power. Let me allow this power to lead me through the orders of the day."
Daily Reflections; A Book of Reflections by A.A. members for A.A. members, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., 1990, August 27, page 248.

..."we know we have an answer for you. It never fails...
Your Heavenly Father will never let you down!"
-- "A.A. co-founder Doctor Robert Smith, writing in The Big Book, 3rd Edition," Doctor Bob's Nightmare, page 181.

"Unless each A.A. member follows to the best of his ability our suggested Twelve Steps to recovery, he almost certainly signs his own death warrant. His drunkenness and dissolution are not penalties inflicted by people in authority; they result from his personal disobedience to spiritual principles."
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, William Wilson, page 174.

No it dosent say AA is the only way, it only sounds like it.