View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 07:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LongStrangeTrip

GIRL! You don't know how many times I wished one of these little bar flies would just take my husband and run!
He had an affair with one a couple years ago and I BEGGED him to leave me and go be with her! She was married too and they were just using each other for a "misery loves company" fling. She was a bar maid who had a sex addiction and cheated on her husband habitually and of course, at that time my husband was drinking about 4 or 5 nights a week and things were not pretty around here. She was perfect for him in every way. She liked him drunk, pouring his sad story...and his MONEY all over the bar. He loved the fact that she liked him drunk...what a pair they would have made right???LOL
Sad to say, he wouldn't leave and legally I couldn't kick him out. He was sobor the longest after that because we were in counselling for about 5 months. He even attended the ocassional AA meeting at the counsellors insistance because the counsellor told him straight up that alcohol can lead to other addictions such as affairs and what not.
OH WELL...I just recently let go of that drama when I started letting go of all of the other issues that have plagued me for years now. I can breathe again.

Do you really want an open marriage for you or is it just so that he will leave?