View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
funnyukgal

Long term plan...well I said to my husband last night...we have to go on and never look back. We're both very strong willed people. Problem is when we get the wrong ideas into our head *cough* drinking, we're very stubborn about it. Well we both hit a crossroad on the issue and have decided it's time to move on with our lives. The other times we tried to quit were for the wrong reasons. This time it's to stop drinking because of the drink. We know what it's doing to us.

I just read about milk thistle and will look into it. I've seen it before in the grocery store. A few sources including some academic journal articles said it takes 8-12 weeks of daily use of milk thistle to see improvements. I wish I could take a multi vitamin but every single one contains what I am allergic to. I've been to 3 different doctors and none of them can even find perscription ones that I can take. And it's not an option of "suffering" through the side effects. It gives me dangerously high blood pressure and chest pains.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and all the advice. It's greatly appreciated.