View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
funnyukgal

Finally making a serious attempt...

I've been reading through threads, etc. and have found some good tidbits of information, but in the past for other problems I've alway found it's better for me personally to get my story out.

I've drank for 7, maybe 8 years now every single day (well night mostly as I'm an evening/night drinker). I'm 23 years old. I lived with what was then my boyfriend since I was 18, and who at the time didn't drink on a daily basis. Unfortunately for him, I quickly changed that. I too helped to turn him onto the vicious cycle of drinking. For him, going on 5 years of drinking. We've tried quitting in the past. First in an attempt to diet. We stayed sober for about 3 months from that. That was almost a year ago. Since we started drinking again, every night just as before. For us, it's about a case a beer a night (not each, split between).

We've been talking about quitting now again for the last 6 months and finally decided now or never. Last night was the first night of sobriety.

I know I've seen people swear by AA, but I've been there done that and it only leads me to more severe drinking. Talking about drinking for me does not help me to not drink.

We've both started taking a Vitamin B complex supplement. He is also taking a multivitamin to try and get his nutrients proper again. I on the other hand cannot take any complex multivitamins as all have a component I'm allergic to.

Can anyone suggest some things that it would be worth me taking an extra supplement to at least for the first month or so to try and help get my body back into nutritional shape?

And any other pieces of advice I would totally be open to as well. Thanks