View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EmotionalySpent
Paused

Post I'm new..Introduction N Venting

Hi
I'm new to this forum but so glad I found it. I have been looking for a place where people are going through similar situation to me if for nothing else but to vent. I don't expect you all to have any answers for me but just that I can come here and vent and you all will understand where I am coming from is wonderful!

Let me start by saying I am married to an alcoholic. We just made our 2 year anniversary not long ago.
I knew he drank when we met but he didn't drink nearly as much as he does now. He used to drink 2 or 3 beers before bed and that was that. Now he's drinking 12 or so a night!
He's not physically abusive but just plain old miserable and negative...he plays the "I'm always right and he always wrong game" everynight which is sickening! He also nitpicks about the stupidest things like "who left the bathroom light on, who didn't take the trash out, why is the living room light on" etc... we end up fighting everynight. I kid you not! I mean everynight!
Our sex life is non existant and he blames that on me saying I never want it....that's true I don't...but it's because it's unsatisfying! And anyone married to an alcoholic knows what I mean.
Tonight I am taking him to dinner and giving him 2 choices...
he can either agree to marriage and alcohol counseling
or
he can agree for us together to get caught up on the bills we owe and then part ways.
I know he wont give up drinking for me but atleast he wont be able to blame this failure on me...it's his choice!
Hey y'all thanks for listening!