View Single Post
Old 04-12-2003, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Marissa

I am glad that you finally decided to join us and I just want to send you hugs and prayers that you both can get through this.

Take comfort in the fact that he had 6 months. I believe that once they have tasted sobriety, they want it again and are often more willing to work for it.

I'm sure that you know by now that this is nothing to do with you. You didn't cause it, can't control it can't cure it. If you can possibly detach from this situation right now, it might be your best bet...just keep your balance and see if he is willing to make any moves back to recovery.

My son is a crack addict, so I know the pain of watching and also of waiting not knowing what has happened to him. It does often take a few days but they usually call and let us know what is happening. In the meantime take special care of yourself. If you haven't been to a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting, try one. It will help. And feel free to keep posting here, to cry, to vent, or just to share, because we care and will be here for you.

Welcome.