View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Though my spiritual beliefs often seem to contradict something I felt yesterday or the day before, certain things remain consistent with me. I believe in a "higher consciousness" that I can only access when I let go of the "lower consciousness" and connect with the "collective consciousness." I believe that what I feed into that "collective consciousness" will improve the overall condition of It and return it to me many times over. I don't believe that I have to remain in a constant state of meditation in order to do that...no belly-button gazing here...but that with practice, my thoughts and actions can be informed by that higher self, well fed by the collective.

To go into my feelings on nature in the physical realm would further confuse this, but my point is....I don't hold any belief of a personified god (except sometimes, when I need the comfort of a personification! there's a contradiction, eh?)

So...many would say that I'm atheist because I don't (except sometimes!) have any concept of a diety, per se. But I do believe that both my higher self and the collective consciousness is a higher power than the lower self that is concerned only with self-seeking and pleasure -- and, of course, avoidance of pain.

What do you think? Am I an athiest?

Peace & Love,
Sugah