Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mongo

Just thought I'd reflect a bit here re: squirell issues.

My doctor has me seeing him about every 90 days. I do need to use meds for blood pressure and he only scripts me for 90 days at a time, and antabuse too.

When I first quit he offered me any sort of AD to help with my quitting. His eyebrows went up when I requested antabuse instead. He was not completely familiar with it and had no experience with it. Yeah, I guess it's not prescribed much anymore.

I've had a lot of ups and downs emotionally in my sober time. Sometimes I think that an AD may help. I've truly had spells of what to me is depression, lasting for days or weeks and really feeling black and genuflecting vigourously behind closed doors.

The only thing is too, Ive had really nice mellow periods where I regain a positive outlook. One by one I'm straightening out the problems that my drinking for so any years has caused. For instance, I'm poised to get my driver's license back after suspension, and I'm just about able to plug my phone in again because the bill collectors don't have me on speed dial anymore.

The nice periods are getting longer and my bouts with the blues are not so intense.

I'm so convinced the longer I stay sober, the better my life will be. My answer to my depression and anxiety is working slowly, albeit working, and I'd rather not try medication for either.

I've read too many not so happy stories on this forum and others about issues with meds.

Perhaps giving time a shot would be the best anwer. It's probably not the instant type gratification we're looking for, but based on my last few months, it works and will continue to work.

Anyway, good luck nd keep well

Ron