Old 01-04-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sunny

I just found out my boyfriend is alcoholic

Hello there, someone. First of all I apologise for my spelling mistakes. English is not my first language. I have been looking in internet for some answers. Im glad I found this place.
I realized that my boyfriend was alcoholic a year after we started together. I feel very stupid. I saw him drinking all the time, but I thought it was ok ...He never seemed to be completely drunk and he has a very good job an so on, so I couldnīt link alcoholism to him....
When I finally asked him, surprisingly he did not denied it. He somehow agreed he was an alcoholic. His mother was an alcoholic too. He has been suffering from depression. What amazes me is that even recognizing he has that problem he would do anything about it.
I try not to be demanding but comprehensive about it, asking him in all sorts of nice ways to slow down his drinking but he does nothing. And if i push a bit stronger he gets like angry at me. I really love him, but I already can predict this is gonna end with whatever love we ever had...I donīt know how to convince him or what to do for him to stop abusing himself....any suggestion i would highly appreciate it.