View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Don W

Thanks everyone, Great PG and Solo. I am going to treat myself. I am going to get up early and go to a 7am meeting. It is one of my favorites. It is also in the church that 90 days ago on a Thursday night I started this new journey. Then I am going to spend some time in Boston with my wife and enjoy the sober time and of course all the extra money I seem to have lately. Your right it can be a struggle at times but, nowhere near the struggle
of trying to drink and lead a normal life. People speak of hitting bottom but, I now believe there is no bottom when it comes to alcohol/drugs. Eveytime I thought it couldn't get worse it did.
Even death I believe is not the bottom of my alcoholism. If I die from drinking I still leave behind people with the same broken hearts and guilt, as if I commited suicide. Someone told me at the VA that drinking for me is like suicde on an installment plan. It is just damn nice to be sober and I hope everyone that reads this gives themselves a chance at it, areal chance. If you don't like it you can very quickly get all your drinking/drug problems and more. I truly believe it is a chemical problem and they are finding proof everyday. We can't change chemical equations
and that is fact. Have a good night and I'll check in Friday. Keep walking in recovery and you won't walk alone. Don W