Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
deax

Yeah I've heard this one, too. Scared me at first because he has scars all over his arms from when he was young and used to be a cutter. And he kills himself slowly through his lifestyle. Last time he told me after the fact (a big fight we had) that he wanted to kill himself, but he can't even write a suicide note, "how pathetic is that?" I went off on him and told him never to say such a thing to me again.

These days, I release myself from any responsibility for him. First, I don't think he'd ever do it, he's lived through worse than anything going on right now in his life. Second, I know that man knows I loved him and would never want to see him dead- never. What he does beyond that is out of my hands. However that's not to say if I reallythought he'd do it I wouldn't take action (call 911, whatever).

Sorry you have to deal with this, lilac. It's the worst, especially if you think it's a real possibility. Most of the time I think there's a lot of truth to what Life said- people who say this stuff often stop when it gets no reaction. But only you know what he's actually capable of. (hugs)