View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
findmyself

There is so much pain.......

As I read these threads I am enveloped by all the pain here. My own, yours, our childrens. Its such an enigma, all this.... Why do we stay with these people? Why do we love these people? I know all the book learning, I understand the "stockholm syndrome" but God, they just hurt us and hurt us and it never ever stops. They do not, can not love anyone, anything. Mothers walking away from their children. Fathers leaving sons and daughters. Wives leaving husbands and vice versa, and for what? A f***ing bottle. A substance when held in your hand, eludes your grasp and seeps into the sewer. Its robs them and us of pride and our dignity. It creates strangers where lovers once stood. It takes our love, our money, our dreams, our familys and our futures. And we just stay and take it, or we're sad when we lose them. How far from God have we gotten as a human race, that we have allowed this evil into our lives, and continually allow it to steer the course of our existance. I do believe I am numb to life. I have allowed myself to follow pain and to believe I deserve it somehow. I'm sorry I need to vent and to put into words my view of this beast that devouers everything in its path. Please know that, you people who are here, are truly in my heart and I hope someday we all break free of these bindings of hurt and pain.